Attachment Tales Resolved

A professor from my alma mater has written a primer for parents, teachers, and therapists. I don't believe I ever had this man as one of my teachers, but I think my husband did. I honestly can't remember (although looking at the picture of him, he is familiar).

This is from the book's website:
Are you one of the "insecurely attached?"
According to human development professor Mark Greenberg, children who develop an insecure attachment with the primary caregiver are at high risk to develop oppositional defiant disorder, later progressing into conduct disorder.
In this book, author Mark Beischel, a trained psychologist who specializes in neglect and abuse with children and adults, shares scientific evidence created from his vast experience of training thousands of psychologists, clinical social workers, professional counselors, family therapists, mental-health workers, teachers, and parents. He discusses about attachment and how to help children and adults cope with insecure attachment. He does this by presenting creatively written anecdotes and providing the psychological explanation behind them after each. 


Regardless, the cool thing about this book is that my friend Cori is on the cover with her beautiful daughter, Lucy.

So check out Attachment Tales Resolved: A Primer for Parents, Teachers, and Therapists.

Comments

Cori said…
Ahhh....thanks for the shout-out! :)

I hope to get my copy this week. My sister already got hers today!

Dr. Beischel has stopped by and told me about stories in it and I think that I might actually find it interesting. It's so sad to think that there are children out there who don't have having loving families and necessary attention to develop fully.
Oh wow...how cool that your friend is on the cover! Does she know the author?
Linda said…
I totally just ordered this book from amazon! Thanks for your review even though you did it because of your friend on the cover.

Our youngest is adopted and I really need to read this.

Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)