Seven Clown Circus (guest post)

 I (Randi) am on vacation this week...so lucky you! I have set up some amazing posts this week from some of my favorite bloggers. Today Angie from Seven Clown Circus joins us and shares her latest epiphany:


I had an epiphany recently.

It only took me 35 years to realize something:

I will never make a good career woman (in a specialized area) because I get bored easily.

I have a tendency to throw myself into whatever I'm doing, and after I've done it for a few years, I never want to do it again.

So, it's probably not surprising that I didn't have a huge problem walking away from the work place and becoming a mother. I was kind of done with the whole work thing and wanted to try something new.

I am so grateful that being a mother is not something that I can ever grow bored of, like a traditional job.

Being a parent has brought me more fulfillment, joy, and sense of accomplishment than anything else I've ever done. Conversely, I've never been so busy, so challenged, or so frustrated, yet I wake up each morning expecting the unexpected, happy AND grateful that I'm here now, doing what I'm doing.
Every once in awhile though, I wake up and wonder what in the world I'm going to do once my kids are grown. I am quite sure no other job will ever be such a perfect fit.

A big thank you to Angie for writing up this beautiful post for moi. Don't forget to join her on Wednesdays for Wordful Wednesdays: for those of us with great pictures we can't say enough about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)