Monday, May 24, 2010

Rock Your Socks 10K

I ran in the Rock Your Socks Half Marathon & 10K Virtual Race yesterday (found here). I meant to run Saturday but my husband worked all day, so I didn't get the chance.
After staying up way too late watching Return of the King, I set out just after 6am for my 10K. It was hard! Lots of hills to contend with (no dogs, surprisingly). I ended up walking parts of it so that time really isn't that bad! I ate a banana right before my run; probably not the best idea (although I didn't throw it up so that was good). I almost passed out awhile after I got home, but some water and PB&J rejuvenated me.
I found a nice riding place for my water bottle in the back of my sports bra (haha). Anyway, let's just say I'm glad it's done. My first 10K!

Sorry no pictures. I didn't Rock My Socks...I barely have any plain white socks let alone fun ones.

8 comments:

Gledwood said...

10 kilometres! That's some achievement, Big Congratulations!

I do hope you had a good pair of running shoes!

You must have bloody holes in your socks! And I do mean "bloody" literally...

... Not to mention blisters galore!!

Congatulations! You achieved something I would never be able to in a million years...


(I blame my "sprinter's legs" for it, ho-ho ;->... )

Erin said...

ALL RIGHT!!! Congrats! What a great accomplishment! Something to be proud of!

Jen said...

Congrats on your first 10K. I have never heard of the back of the sports bra water bottle holder! Is the Patent pending? LOL!

Just found your blog from the RYSO race!

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

Congrats on your first 10k, another accomplishment!

Alicia said...

good for you!!!! that's awesome!!! i'm so proud of you lady!! :)

Happy said...

I'm in awe! Great job Randi! In catching up over here I am super impressed at your perspective on weight loss and how you emphasized feeling HEALTHIER than before. That's a good reason to want to lose weight and you go one step further...you actually lose the weight! So excited for you, dear!

And I love the goofy boys post...those guys are super cute! And Squirt is gonna need a new nickname cause he's not a Squirt anymore!! :)

Love the sidebar butttons Meet The Club too! Looking good all over lady!

Vicki said...

Yay! Congrats! I'm going to run a 10K in October. Starting my training now. When is your next one?

Tiaras said...

WOW - I am SO IMPRESSED! I hate to run - hee hee

happy followers