rejection!

For the past few months, I've been working out really hard and trying to eat better (as "better" as you can get within our means, of course). Well, this week has not been the best. I chowed down on chips and ice cream a few days ago....then today for lunch we ordered pizza.

I felt guilty about the ice cream & chips and worked extra hard the next day. Apparently that guilt warning wasn't enough because I'm fairly certain my body is rejecting this pizza. I feel awful (guilty and otherwise).

I haven't felt like this in awhile. I did some yoga to soothe my guilt but it hasn't soothed my tummy any.

Tip of the day: don't waste your workouts on crappy food. Reward your body for a job well done with a nice warm bath or shower and some yummy healthy food (like a salad) and lots of cold cold cold water.

Comments

Jennie said…
I get it... I really do, I feel your pain, sister... I am trying too, and sometimes we slip up... this has been the roughest 4 weeks and tonight I told my hisband to go get me something big and chocolate or don't come home at all..... seriously... I wasn't kidding ;)
Rion said…
Oh I totally agree.. I was working out really good, eating really good for two weeks in a row.. then I had fried chicken and french fries for supper one night.. and boy my body was like DO NOT WANT! But then doesnt it make you smile that your body is like yay for good foods instead of yay for fattening but oh so tasty foods?
It's a good sign that your body is used to healthy food now!! I do hope you feel better soon though. :)
You know it's actually recommended to increase your caloric intake and have a cheat day because it keeps your metabolism revved. I do it! And I am still dropping!

Don't feel guilty. you did the right thing. LOL ;)
EmmaP said…
i always allow myself a "free" day. however, I don't ever try to sabotage myself, because - like you... I learned the hard way. You condition your body for better food and it will reject the bad. I can't eat fried foods without getting sick. I get the worst upset stomach (have you seen 2 weeks notice?) and I get horrible acid reflux. On the bright side, because of that I nver crave greasy food. Ice cream makes me cough for hours. I **might** eat ice cream once every 2 or 3 years.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)