Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy birthday Sesame Street!

As most of you know (if you've opened Google lately, you do know), today is the 40th birthday of Sesame Street. It has been a staple in my life.

I potty trained while watching it (apparently so did my hubby).
I watched it with my sister (as she obsessed over Elmo).
And now I watch it with my son (who is also obsessed with Elmo).

In honor of this historic day, I made Elmo cupcakes.


Ok, so they're not the greatest but Moose knew they were Elmo.

I used:
- white frosting
- red food coloring (half a small one and almost half a big one I had to go out and buy)
- mini marshmallows cut in half
- orange smile gummies cut (or bit) in half
- chocolate pudding for the pupils (I was going to use chocolate chips but only had butterscotch ones)

I also tried to use some juice mix to help redden the frosting so it turned out as strawberry frosting. So not a good idea to try.

I'm going to try these again with red sprinkles (or red sugar). I don't know when but maybe for the boys' birthdays in July. Hopefully they turn out better then. I may even try Cookie Monster or Grover or someone. :)

Here is one of my favorites from when I was a tot (and they still play it): Cecile.


No comments:

happy followers