Wednesday, July 9, 2008

baby gowns

Moose had his surgery today. So far, so good. We got to the hospital (oddly enough, no tears despite the no food policy) and put him in this little hospital gown. He looked so stinking cute in it! I only got pictures on my phone of him in it, but, boy, he's adorable.
He cried only a bit when the nurse took him away from me (Heather, this is when I broke down, too!). After that I guess he was a trooper. He got put to sleep (I've tried writing this a few different ways - still sounds awful) for 10 minutes or so. The same lady who gave me my epidural administered his sleepy gas.
I got to be there when he woke up. I think he was confused and groggy; I was sitting behind him and talking to him, so he reached up to the nurse. But then I gave him water. He liked me then. ha. He did not want the water! So he had to cry up to his room (not in the elevator because he was so astonished by that) until I got him formula. Then he was mad that it was in a cup and not a bottle. So I gave him Rice Chex until he wanted the cup.
We're home now. We had a really nice family nap! Now he's cranky and wobbly. But doing fairly well.


Apple Joos said...

I'm glad everything worked out well for you all. I remember having to go through sedations with my oldest when she was having seizures and it was terrible. She was, however, very comical when she woke up. She laughed an awful lot!

Anonymous said...

it was nice to see the little man's doing well. and mom seems to be holding up alright herself. :) I'm glad i came over too, sorry i didn't have much to say. I love you and am going to miss you if/when I'm gone

Mar said...

I'm so glad to hear that it all went well. I hope he has a speedy recovery and is back to his old self in no time!

Heather said...

Awwww...I remember when mine got tubes put in. They DO look so cute in their little hospital gowns. Despite it being like a 15 minute procedure, I cried when they took her away from me and then I bawled when they brought me her blanket to hold while she was under.

I'm glad he did so well! I hope he feels better soon.

happy followers