Paperless Post

One of my gifts is the gift of encouragement. I frequently enjoy writing notes to my friends and acquaintances, telling them what they mean to me or what they mean to our Lord. I know that words of affirmation are my love language and I like to share that language with others.

Paperless Post is a website that helps me to do this in a manner that fits my life. I was frustrated after my baby was born in July. I struggled to get thank you notes written for the wonderful ways people were blessing us with meals and gifts. Once I got them written, they sat on our counter or in my purse for months because I didn't go out or I'd forget they were there. Nothing worse than undelivered mail.

With the USPS price of stamps going up, I fear that will begin to kill the art of snail mail (is that still an art?). Whether that be notes of encouragement, birthday or wedding invitations, thank you notes, or Christmas cards; it gets to be expensive to send a card.



this is the card I'm thinking of personalizing for Princess's birthday
With Paperless Post, I have been able to send birthday cards and notes of encouragement to my friends and family. I sent funny notes to my boys just to tell them that I love them and I'm thinking of them (although those got bounced back to me because of how our school has email accounts set up...). I sent a note to my mom to tell her I was sorry.


You pick the card you want (invitation, just because, etc). You can customize the lettering, the envelope, the background, the envelope lining, the stamp (some things cost "coins" which you buy. I think most of my cards and such have been 5-6 coins each). I love customization. If I were to make cards like this I'd be spending so much money and time!



My favorite part about Paperless Post is that you are able to schedule when things are sent. I have a friend with a birthday coming up this month and I was able to make her card when I had free time in January. She will still open it on her birthday via email.

My children's birthdays are not until July. I had a free moment the other day when most of my kids were napping to design a couple cards for their birthday invitations. I entered all the information for the guest list and scheduled the invitations to be emailed about three weeks prior to the parties. What a gift advance scheduling is!

my mom wrote back when I sent her a card
Recipients can RSVP to events, write back a message for cards received. I love the interactiveness that normal snail mail does not allow as easily. 

Paperless Post is wonderful if, like me, you love sending mail but just haven't found the groove of time to do so. If you have an event coming up or just want to send your honey an "I love you" card coming up for Valentine's, consider Paperless Post. 

Disclaimer: I received "coins" to use on Paperless Post in return for this review. All opinions are my own - I really have sent out cards and have invites scheduled for events. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)