The Nutcracker And The Four Realms (movie trailer)

Christmas is fast approaching and while gifts are not central to the reason (that's Jesus!), they are an important part of the holiday for many families, including mine. Two years ago, I wanted to make something special for my grandma, Marilyn. I had taught myself to embroider in 2015 while pregnant with my daughter. Earlier in 2016, I had made my mom a family tree embroidery piece for her 50th birthday. 

While I love the tree idea, I knew I'd need something different to accommodate the many people in the extended family tree. My grandma and grandpa had five children. There are 10 grandchildren and, at that time, 13 great-grandchildren (that number will be extended to 15 by February). I wanted something that would last and become a family heirloom, so I came up with this: 




I presented it to my Grandma Marilyn at our Christmas celebration. Her reaction was perfect! She loved it (even though I had left out a grandchild...I didn't realize...oops) and cried and it got hung up immediately. I love giving gifts as much as I love to receive them; making something with my hands to give makes it more meaningful to me. I can pray over that person while I stitch or craft or create which is so special!






With my newest addition and my little sister having a baby in February, I do wish I'd made a way to add to it (I glued the backing on...I'm not great with backing). However, I may just have to add to my design and make another...when I have a chance with a toddler and newborn and two big kids. Some day. 

image via Grace Hill Media

Gifts are important and for some of us, our primary love language. A gift plays a "key" role in the upcoming movie, "The Nutcracker and the Four Realms:" All Clara (Mackenzie Foy) wants is a key – a one-of-a-kind key that will unlock a box that holds a priceless gift. A golden thread, presented to her at godfather Drosselmeyer’s (Morgan Freeman) annual holiday party, leads her to the coveted key—which promptly disappears into a strange and mysterious parallel world. It’s there that Clara encounters a soldier named Phillip (Jayden Fowora-Knight), a gang of mice and the regents who preside over three Realms: Land of Snowflakes, Land of Flowers and Land of Sweets. Clara and Phillip must brave the ominous Fourth Realm, home to the tyrant Mother Ginger (Helen Mirren), to retrieve Clara’s key and hopefully return harmony to the unstable world. Starring Keira Knightley as the Sugar Plum Fairy, Disney’s new holiday feature film “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” is directed by Lasse Hallström and Joe Johnston, and inspired by E.T.A. Hoffmann’s classic tale.







Disclaimer: I wrote this featurette and will receive a small compensation as a partnership with Grace Hill Media. However, that doesn't discount anything I write; all opinions expressed are always my own. I can't wait to see this movie with my big boys. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)