Our Newlywed Kitchen by Laura Schupp

Planning a wedding is such an intense time in life. One of the things that my now husband and I enjoyed doing together was registering for gifts. We sat through an hour talk on china before deciding that was not for us. We got married at the tail end of traditional weddings - bridesmaids wearing the same dress, formalwear for the men, no themes. It was very traditional and we loved it. I do feel there would be things I'd change if we were to get married now but I'm not planning to do that any time soon (or ever).

However, I was planning to give "Our Newlywed Kitchen" by Laura Schupp to friends of ours who were getting married. I read too late that this book is not really for newlyweds but for the newly engaged. I say that because there is a LOT about registering for kitchen appliances and accessories. So to give this to a couple who is already married would be a waste of much of the book.
image via ournewlywedkitchen.com

There are wonderful things in the second part of the book about learning to cook together and gathering recipes to enjoy together. I loved the pictures throughout and the practical advice from a seasoned cook.

You really just need to be aware of what you are getting when you buy this book. If you have a couple who has already been well-established on their own or who is mere weeks away from wedding, this is not the book for you. If you have friends or family who are fresh out of college, like my husband and I were, and haven't had the time to establish themselves or their kitchens, and are newly engaged, this is a wonderful tool for them to walk through that process of building a kitchen together.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. All opinions are my own and may differ from yours. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)