Goodbye Christopher Robin (movie trailer)

"Gotta get up, gotta get going. I'm gonna see a friend of mine. He's cute and he's fuzzy, I love him because he's just Pooh Bear, Winnie-the-Pooh Bear." I grew up watching The New Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh and just having a generalized admiration for Pooh and his friends. I never read the actual story by A.A. Milne until my little girl was born a few years ago; I read it to her while we rocked.

What a beautiful story it is and made even more beautiful in my mind due to the knowledge behind it. Goodbye Christopher Robin (opening October 13) shares the bittersweet story of A.A. Milne and his little boy, Christopher Robin. This is after the Great War and Milne is suffering from PTSD. This is the story of how these beloved characters came to be. You can view the trailer below:




I love these background stories for beloved books (others include Finding Neverland about Peter Pan and Saving Mr. Banks about Mary Poppins). It just adds depth to already wonderful tales.

Disclaimer: I had the opportunity to share this trailer via Grace Hill Media. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)