The Lord's Prayer by Rick Warren (book review)

Many of you may remember a little book phenomenon called "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. It came around either in my late high school or early college days and was a sensation world-wide. I can tell you right now, what that book is about: living for Christ! Although I've never read the book myself, I know what it's about because I know what Rick Warren is about - living for Christ!
image via BookLook

I had the opportunity to read "The Lord's Prayer" by Rick Warren. It's a board book for small children, walking them through this prayer made by Jesus in the New Testament of the Bible. Warren provides the commentary to the prayer, taking kids through the whole prayer little by little.

The prayer and commentary are accompanied by illustrations of children by Richard Jesse Watson. These beautiful pictures give a clear idea of the meaning of the Scripture.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom and the power and glory forever.
Amen.

That's from my memory. I memorized The Lord's Prayer probably not until middle school going through confirmation classes. Big A and I have attempted to have our big boys memorize the Lord's Prayer (although it was difficult when we disagreed on the verbiage - thy or your?). I'd like to give this another shot going through this book with our boys and our little girl. She's probably a long while off from memorization unless it's to a song tune, but it's a wonderful book to read to her anyway, to show her God's love.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. All opinions are my own and may differ from others' opinions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)