She Reads Truth: Holding Tight to Permanent in a World That's Passing Away by Raechel Myers and Amanda Bible Williams (book review)

I have been a part of the She Reads Truth community off and on for a few years now. I love the insight from real women, digging deeper into the Word of God (and that it doesn't take a seminary degree to understand their devotions).

image via Barnes and Noble website

When Raechel Myers and Amanda Bible Williams came out with their book, "She Reads Truth: Holding Tight to Permanent in a World That's Passing Away," I was excited to read it. I was not really sure what to expect, knowing relatively little about their lives or writing experience outside of devotions. I had little to dread, however. "She Reads Truth" has provided a balm to my soul in a wearying time of the holiday chaos.

Now, if I try to tell you about details of the book, I will mess up. It's written so that each chapter is by only one author at a time, telling a bit of her story and tying it to Scripture and lessons she's learned through reading Truth. While their stories are different, I could very well relate to both gals (although the details get mixed together after reading for me). I could understand the legalism one struggles with and the heartache of the other.

That's what is wonderful about this book and the SRT community - it's real people teaching real life lessons from the real life God. I've grown a lot through reading this book as it came at a perfect time to help me through some personal issues. And I plan to continue to grow as I participate in their online community (there's an app for that). You can find the book at amazon.com.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. Others' opinions may differ from mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)