Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling (book review)

When I first picked up Mindy Kaling's "Why Not Me?" I thought I'd read it already! Oops. That would make it a forgettable book, right? I'm not sure why I thought that; perhaps I read an excerpt somewhere before but as I got passed the first chapter, I definitely had not read this material.

Unlike most who have read this book (in my assumptions), I have never seen an episode of The Office or The Mindy Project. They just have never filtered themselves into my must-see-tv queue. However, I am a fan of funny women and have read Amy Poehler's and Tina Fey's books. That is why I decided to pick up "Why Not Me?".
image via Google search
What I liked most about the book is that Kaling does not seem to be fake. She talks about tanning and hair extensions and her issues with her weight. I, like many people it seems from reading her book, like that she's not a stick figure. She writes that she is "completely not at peace with the way I look." That makes her even more real and likable to me. I think Kaling is very pretty and her body seems not Hollywood but not real either (her lines are all so clean...I think Spanx? idk).

My favorite part of the book was probably the chapter "A Day in the Life of Mindy Kaling" and "A Perfect Courtship in My Alternate Life." I like the former because of all the pictures and the fact that Kaling eats hamburgers. I like the latter because it would make a fun book, strange and quirky as it was.

Once in awhile I like to read something not super deep. This was just what I wanted!

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. Others' opinions may differ from my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)