Devotions for a Deeper Life by Oswald Chambers (book review)

"My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers has been on my night stand for a few years now. It's been pivotal in challenging me deeper into my faith. Since I've read most of it now, I thought I'd look for another devotional to do the same. "Devotions for a Deeper Life" by Oswald Chambers seemed like the next best thing.
image via BookLook

Many of these devotions were pulled from articles in God's Revitalist from God's Bible School and College in Cincinnati, Ohio where Chambers taught for six months in 1906.

I have not gotten through all of this book as it's a devotional, meant to be read day by day. However, these have not been as challenging to me as those written in "My Utmost for His Highest." I'm not really sure why and perhaps as I lean more into it, they will begin to challenge me more.

What I do like about this devotional is the suggested reading from Scripture and Prayer Thought at the bottom of each day's devotional. The Prayer Thought is like a prayer and summarization of each day's material. Something like that would be helpful in "My Utmost for His Highest" because some of those go way over my head still.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. Others' opinions may differ from my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)