Gratitude: a prayer and praise coloring journal (book review)

Adult coloring books are all the rage right now and I love this! I loved coloring as a girl all the way into college. I also love to thank God for my blessings, to practice gratitude, to count my blessings one by one. "Gratitude: a prayer and praise coloring journal" seemed to be a perfect way to blend the two.


I started at the beginning (seen above) with an entry titled "friends." I know how blessed I am with my wonderful friends. The right page above is a list of my closest friends but by no means a full list. I love that I can see these girls once a year or several times a week and they love me the same. I'm learning to trust that they truly are my girls, truly are for me, and they've never given me any other reason to believe so but I'm learning I don't trust as easily as I seem to. It was a good practice for me to color and ruminate on and thank God for these wonderful women in my life.

"Gratitude" has wonderful pictures to color and small prayers with Scripture to meditate on throughout your day. I love another that says "Nobody has to walk alone" and the prayer is thanking God for the community I am surrounded with, emphasized by Matthew 25:35 "I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home." How many in my community have fed me or filled me up (either with a literal drink or just filling me up with love). So many have invited us into their homes and shared their lives with us. It's amazing to me how blessed I am.

My only issue with this "Gratitude" coloring journal is that each page would just take me so long to color. I have a time issue - I waste a lot and, thus, don't have much. I also have things to do during the day and end up not having much free time to color, even while praying. I have thought of gifting this to a more artistic friend, not because I don't like it but because she would utilize it better than I.

You can find a copy here.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. My opinions may differ from others' opinions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)