Bat Dad: a parody by Blake Wilson (book review)

If you are unfamiliar with Bat Dad, I think you should take a gander at YouTube. We started watching Blake Wilson's Bat Dad videos. They are funny and light-hearted, but I will warn you that some of the snippets are inappropriate (him telling his son that tables are for glasses not a**es and one I just watched with him saying, "that's what she said."). I try to watch before my kids and we really don't watch many anymore because my sons repeat everything they hear. One has a filter, one does not and I just don't want them to repeat inappropriate things.
image via Blogging for Books
I was cautious reading the new "Bat Dad: a parody" book by Blake Wilson. And it proved in good faith. I had to go through the book and cross out three curse words with Sharpie. The book itself is made up of images from his videos compiled with captions (some from the videos, others not).

My sons really enjoy the book - my eldest actually just took it to read it. They love the videos and repeat them all the time (see my need for caution?). The thing I love about the book is just the story behind it. Wilson just wanted to have some fun. Who doesn't need more fun in their life? I love that Wilson likes to joke around with his kids and his wife. It's just fun in a day and age when fun is hard to come by sometimes.

Disclaimer: I received this book from Blogging for Books in order to write an honest review. Others' opinions may differ from my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)