My Fringe Hours by Jessica N. Turner (book review)

The subtitle for "My Fringe Hours" by Jessica N. Turner is "discovering a more creative and fulfilled life" made this book sound amazing! I'd love a more creative and fulfilled life. Who wouldn't?!

The book is separated into three segments: Explore, Discover, and Live Well. In those are three "fringe principles" each: belief statements. Each belief statement is a chapter with several questions about what you like to do with your spare time, how you spend your time, how you balance life, what you would do if you had more time. A real self-evaluation.
image via Amazon.com

While I believe these are good to do once in awhile, this book wasn't for me. I believe this book is for the woman who honestly spends no time on herself and has zero time for the hobbies she does enjoy. I spend 4+ hours on exercise (something I enjoy) each week, read when I find the time, and try to embroider or something. Once a month or so I get together with girl friends, too. I have "me" time (although I'd take a little more time with my embroidery without stopping every 5 minutes for child-related problems, but I do have time to do it at all).

If you're overwhelmed because you have zero free time - you're running around with your kids, your job takes up so much time, housework just floods you in your spare time - this book is for you!! I think it really could help you pinpoint time when you could do something for you: exercise, spa treatments, reading, writing, crafting.

I do think the book was a little misleading with the subtitle. Going through this book is not going to make you any more creative than you already are if you don't enjoy those things.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. Others may not share my opinions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)