MRI update

Moose had another seizure over the weekend so we started a new dosage on a medicine of his. I talked to his neurologist today. He said the MRI showed the thing in his brain has not grown (at least not that they can see so if it has it's been very slight). This makes the doctor think it's a malformation, a "birthmark." The doctor said he is not 100% that this is causing Moose's seizures. He said from our description and videos of his seizures, he expected this to show in a different part of the brain than it does. So perhaps this MRI didn't answer 100% of our questions, but he didn't feel it necessary for the time being to do further testing immediately. We will have a follow-up with him in a few months and another MRI in a year. We appreciate your continued prayers for him.

Thanks,
Anthony & Randi

This is the update I sent to our prayer chain and on Facebook and to his school. I wish I had more concrete answers. I thought we would, so it's a little disappointing. Now, I'm thankful beyond belief it's not a tumor or that it hasn't grown! Thank You, Lord! But the brain continues to be a battlefield of confusion. Even the neurologist said that if we really wanted to know if this malformation were causing his seizures, we'd have to put electrodes IN his brain and keep him in an EEG lab for a week (IN his brain and for a WEEK - this is what I heard. I could have misheard???). He is not ready to go there yet and I'm trusting our doctor. But ugh! I hate uncertainty and waiting for more seizures. But, 
 we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Romans 5:3-5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)