If you need a laugh - get this book: Born to Be Awkward by Mike Bender and Doug Chernack (book review)

I've been a fan of Awkward Family Photos for a long time now. In fact, Squirt was almost in one of their books with this shot:
The Arm Shelf
I knew with a new baby I wouldn't be up for reading through a full-text book in time for a review, so I thought "Born to Be Awkward" by Mike Bender and Doug Chernack was the right book for me. Little text, great pictures, and big laughs. They delivered!

What I liked: I love that this book is about babies. Being in that stage of life again made this book so relevant. And who doesn't need a good laugh during those middle of the night feedings?
Pictures of babies with bad hair, screaming at Santa, hanging while in a life vest (true story). Just hilarious.
image via Blogging for Books

A few of the pictures even have "behind the awkwardness" paragraphs explaining what happened. This explanation makes them even funnier!

The sibling rivalry pictures in the chapter "New Kid on the Block" were probably my favorite. We have been blessed not to have that with our kids, but it's really funny to see in this book. Babies crying in pictures while their older siblings look on in boredom, confusion, or screaming!

What I didn't like: There were things in this book I didn't want to explain to my own kids (babies seeming to flip off the camera, a grandpa holding a baby holding a Playboy magazine, kids drinking beer), but when I looked through with them, they didn't ask. I didn't tell. Other than that, I only wish the book was longer!

I gave another copy of this book to a friend going through a tough time and I hope it brings her as much laughter as it has brought to me. Find your own copy here.

Disclaimer: I received this book from Blogging for Books in order to write an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)