You're Loved No Matter What by Holley Gerth (book review)

When I decided to review "You're Loved No Matter What" by Holley Gerth, I don't think I was expecting a whole lot from it (sorry, Holley). Gerth's previous books have spoken much truth and yet I was expecting fluff in this book. Yet, what I found inside the covers of this book is so much more.

image via Amazon.com

Truth, much truth, flows out of this book. I should have known how deep it would touch me just by the back copy print:

"As women, we tend to think that if we could only get our act together, life would be perfect. But you're not supposed to be perfect. You're supposed to be human. And humans are messy, flawed, glorious, and deeply loved.

It's time to lay down those unrealistic expectations that exhaust you.
It's time to embrace who you are - even the messy parts.
It's time to start living fully instead of just trying not to fail.

Let's do this together."

Hallelujah, right ladies? Aren't you tired, like I am, of comparing ourselves to Pinterest perfect? Aren't you worn down, like I am, of judging those around us (or online) who don't meet our human-made-flawed standards of perfection?

Well, it's time for us to stop. And this book is a great pathway to help you to give yourself and other women GRACE. Isn't that what we've already been given on the cross? Didn't Jesus pay for our sins and imperfections - and everyone else's? So why do we keep nit-picking them? Why can't we be good enough if God's grace has made us good enough?

I just love the content of this book. I have this book so dog-eared! This book really cuts to the core while keeping it real (she talks about The Princess Diaries, for pete's sake. Love it). There's cutting out guilt, relationship healing, tools to help you find out who you really are (isn't pretending hard?), acceptance, surrender. *deep sigh* I'm not just reviewing this book on my blog but I've been telling friends about it. I'm thinking about leading a Bible study with the discussion guide in the back (don't miss this like I did). It's good stuff. I'm telling you.

While the cover may look like fluff, the inside is filled with deep Scriptural truths that will help you (and me) cut out that perfectionism that we cannot attain this side of heaven. Also, check out this site from Gerth about this book.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. Others' opinions may not match my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)