Lord, Change Me by James MacDonald

A year or so ago, I went through the James MacDonald DVD Bible study "Lord, Change My Attitude." It was wonderful, very thorough and deep set in Scripture.

I have known for awhile that I need to deal with my selfishness, so I thought reading James MacDonald's book "Lord  Change Me" would help me like the Bible study did. This book was not what I expected.
image via Amazon

"Lord, Change Me" is a great starting point for someone who doesn't know the Lord but knows he/she needs a change. It has a great outline of the gospel - Christ came as fully-God, fully man and died on the cross in payment for our sins and rose again from the dead. Very great news; best ever. Just not a Bible study on the changes that occur afterward; how to change your heart or sins like selfishness.

The fonts in "Lord, Change Me" had bold and regular and italics. It was really distracting for me. Allowed me to scan more than I like to in a book. Fonts should not distract from the text and I feel these did.

Overall, a good read if you're not a Christian, are a new Christian, have questions about Christ and Christianity - what's it all about. Just not exactly what I was looking for at this time.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. Others may have differing opinions from mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)