Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan (book review)

I LOVED Jim Gaffigan's first book, Dad is Fat, so I thought it would be great to read Food: A Love Story. I wasn't completely wrong but it definitely didn't live up to the expectations I had to laugh the entire time.

There were funny pieces; in fact, most of it was funny, just not laugh out loud funny. I laughed out loud from the foreword to the end in Dad is Fat. I chuckled often with Food: A Love Story.

Some of my favorite chapters were At Least I Don't Eat Blubber about whales and Hot Pockets: A Blessing and a Curse. For Gaffigan fans, you know that some of his biggest hits have been about Hot Pockets.

I don't think there was a lot of new material in this book, which was what other commenters said about Dad is Fat. I don't listen to a lot of Gaffigan's routines so it was new to me both in that book and this. I guess his thing is, if it's not broke, don't fix it. If this material works, why write new stuff? That's all just me guessing because I really don't know much of his material.

I think Food: A Love Story is a pretty good read. It's fairly quick with short chapters. If you like to watch shows like L.A. Beast (like my husband) or Man vs. Food (like me and my husband), then you'll quickly take a liking to this newest Gaffigan book.

Disclaimer: I received this book in order to write an honest review. All opinions are my own and you don't need to share them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)