The Word of God CD (Seeds Family Worship review)

Our family has had the Seeds Family Worship collection for several years now but I really have started to utilize them with memory verses for my children and myself this school year. I pick a verse that either goes with a catechism we're learning (God is Creator from "The Character of God" CD was great when we were learning about God creating the world in Genesis!) or a verse that we really need to have purpose for in our lives (Be Joyful Always from "Seeds of Purpose" CD has been helpful to us memorizing 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 in learning to give thanks in all circumstances rather than complain).
image via Seeds Family Worship website

I was really excited to hear about the new Seeds Family Worship CD, "The Word of God." The kids and I have listened to it a few times already. The music and singing sounds more grown-up than the other CDs. I really have enjoyed the first song, 'The Word of God' (Hebrews 4:12) and the third, 'Impress Them' (Deuteronomy 6:4-7). I'll be honest I've heard those the most because we don't always get through the whole CD when we listen.

I'm a big believer in using music to memorize things. Preschool and kindergarten and music teachers definitely know and understand this. There is just something about the rhythm that helps children (and grown ups!) to really push information (whether that be days of the week, colors of the rainbow, or Scripture verses) deep into our hearts and minds. Some of the verses that are truly imbedded on my heart are ones I learned long ago in VBS or Sunday School (thanks Steve Green and my awesome godmother, Ann!). Those are the verses that really got me through the tumultuous times in my life with my faith in tact.

"The Word of God" CD is available on the Seeds Family Worship website. I'm glad I just read on their website that you still receive 2 CDs for the price of $12.98. This is so you can keep one and give one. I always loved that and was worried when I only received one for review that they weren't doing that, but I was wrong! So glad to be wrong in this situation. So 2 for 1 price! Wonderful memorization technique for you and your children, grandchildren, best friends. You can also get the tunes on iTunes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)