focus

I am a focused person. Not really. Wouldn't that be lovely? But all too often I feel like Hammie on Over the Hedge who is distracted by a million things at a moment. And yet...

I'm called to be focused. I'm called to be focused on the One who sustains me.

I cannot do this life myself. I've tried. I try daily and I fail. It's not that I'm an awful person but I'm a sinner. Fallen. And yet...

I have this Savior who sustains me. Who picks me up each time I fall and fail. Not only picks me up but brushes me off like a wonderful, loving Father. And yet...

I push away and put my focus elsewhere (often upon myself). I forget daily that my Sustainer Father loves me unconditionally and makes my heart beat, the breath move in and out. And yet...

I am always taken back by my Sustainer Father. He calls me back to Himself, pulls me close to His side, whispers sweet everythings to me through His Word and the quiet that often does not come.

Today, I will remain focused on My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Who did not cling to His heavenly home but came to earth as a mere babe only to grow in flesh and die a criminals death undeserved. The world may forget Him and push Him away but not I.

I will fight to remain focused. I will love like I only can through Him. I will be patient and gentle and bear all things in this love that does not come from my own self. This love that was born in me and grown in me through a relationship with our Sustainer.

Today I will remember that I am loved. I am enough. I don't have to change the whole world, but I must love the One who can. I can do small things that are big Kingdom things - not on my own but through Him and for Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)