Family Camp

 I didn't take many pictures at our church's family camp the weekend before Labor Day, but I was just hanging out with my family - church and biological. It was really fun and convicting. The sermons/talks were over Luke 14:25-33:

Squirt using Moose as a footstool - oh brothers!

The Cost of Being a Disciple

25 A large crowd was following Jesus. He turned around and said to them, 26 “If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison—your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple. 27 And if you do not carry your own cross and follow me, you cannot be my disciple.
28 “But don’t begin until you count the cost. For who would begin construction of a building without first calculating the cost to see if there is enough money to finish it? 29 Otherwise, you might complete only the foundation before running out of money, and then everyone would laugh at you. 30 They would say, ‘There’s the person who started that building and couldn’t afford to finish it!’
31 “Or what king would go to war against another king without first sitting down with his counselors to discuss whether his army of 10,000 could defeat the 20,000 soldiers marching against him? 32 And if he can’t, he will send a delegation to discuss terms of peace while the enemy is still far away. 33 So you cannot become my disciple without giving up everything you own.
Whoa! Right? I mean, am I just an enthusiastic admirer of Christ or do I have sweat in the game? Am I close enough to get benefits or am I close enough to Christ to sacrifice? 
Do I have less devotion to others than I do to God? Am I all in for Him? Have I submitted to Christ in every area of my life? 
One "catch phrase" for the weekend was this: You'll do anything for the one you love the most. 
So who do I love the most? Do I put my children, my husband, my friends, my self above God? 
oh yeah, call the NBA...or not...

I love my husband. I love my children. I love my friends. I even love myself. But I am not willing to sacrifice everything for any of them. I will sacrifice most everything but not everything. I will fight and defend them with my very breath but they are not my gods. I am not my god. I willingly submit to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with all that I am. 

How about you? Where are you with this revelation? Are you in the game or merely a spectator?

sign of a good time



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)