Encountering God: Part 2

Bear with me as I share with you all that God showed me at Encounter. I don't know how many posts this will take!

God also showed me that, spiraling from my legalism, I have become self-righteous and judgmental. I have become a hypocrite. Again, a Pharisee (so thankful for spell-check because I can never seem to get this right on the first typing). Those that the Lord and John the Baptist had some pretty strong words about. *sigh*

I have looked down on those who have less.
Romans 11:9-10 says,
"Likewise, David said,
   'Let their bountiful table become a snare,
    a trap that makes them think all is well.
  Let their blessings cause them to stumble,
    and let them get what they deserve.'"

I'm not even rich (in worldly standards), so imagine if I had more physical blessings how blinded I'd have been. Maybe you are rich and you are intimate with Christ, but beware your comforts. Sometimes in America we are so rich, we are blind to our riches and, worse yet, blind to the One who blessed us.

I have judged those in my church and outside of my church.
I have condemned my unbelieving family members in my heart, lost hope for them.
I was "hoity-toity" (my mom loves this phrase and I know no other way to say it...nope, a snob).
I thought myself better than. Not the best but better than. Ugh.

I hope you can understand my disgust with these sings. I laid them at the foot of the cross this weekend. I am no longer that person. I have found freedom from this self-made prison.

Galatians 5:1
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by the yoke of slavery."

I have loved and lived for Christ for 10 years almost now. I have been free for that long. Yet I built my own yoke of slavery. Never again. I am free.

I am also free to apologize if you have ever, EVER felt judged, condemned, looked down upon, or felt less than because of me. I am so sorry. Please please do not look poorly upon the Lord or any of his other followers because of my sins. Christ does not condemn you. He does not look down upon you. You are his child (whether you acknowledge that or not)! He LOVES you enough that He sent his Son to bear the burden of your sins (and mine which we all have "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God") so that you could believe that and find reconciliation (fancy word for reunite) with Your Heavenly Father, God. He loves you and you can't screw up so badly that He won't. God is love and cannot change who He is.

I pray you can find this same freedom! See Encountering God: Part 1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)