running around - or not

I have been able to run inside on the treadmill for a few months now and had the opportunity to sign up for the Lincoln half marathon for free, so I did. I got a run/walk/run timer for Christmas and made the decision to train like that. I found a plan that allowed me to run 3 times a week.

I started the two 30 minute runs on the treadmill (weather has been chilly around here, to say the least) and did a long run of 3.5 miles last week inside. This week I did the same for the mid-week runs and decided to make a go of it outside today. The wind was awful (20-30 mph) but it wasn't way too cold.

I was optimistic but realistic, I told Big A to keep his phone on him in case I needed picked up. I felt good for the majority of the run. My foot wasn't bothering me at all until around 3 miles and then it just started to almost cramp up. I even tried to walk more (I was keeping a 4:1 ratio between running and walking) and to rub the "cramp" out (it's not really a cramp but that's the closest description I can come up with to explaining). So I quit my run around 3.25 miles (.25 less than last week's inside run).

I'm not as disappointed this time around as I knew this was most likely. It's still a bummer because I'd really like to race around other people - I just love that atmosphere. However, God is still good. I can still run (inside).

As Pete the Cat would say - Do I need to cry? Goodness no! Injuries come and injuries go, but I'll keep on running.

Comments

Teresa said…
And then Pete would say, "it's all good!" We are big fans around here!

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)