but I'm not ready....(said in a totally whiny voice)

Up until early last week, I would have said I was ready for the boys to go back to school. They'd been fighting, being disobedient more than normal, just small things that made me want to pull my hair out.

And then we went on vacation, got away from the same four (wonderful) walls we'd been staring at all summer. Now we're back home and I'm not ready to send them back. I'm not ready to be a drill sergeant in the mornings: get dressed, brush your teeth, eat (faster!), shoes on, go go go go go! I'm not ready to be completely alone (no marathon training plan to keep me company) 3 hours of the day (although that's not completely true once story time starts up in September). I'm not ready for the "can we watch {insert kid show}?" to be immediately asked at the end of each day. I'm not ready for early bedtimes. I'm just not ready...

...and yet, there's not much I can do about it. They're enrolled in school already. I could home school, yes, but even that would change our lovely summer routine (lack-of-routine). *sigh* I guess that's just life. And we'll fall into our new routine soon enough.

But I'm definitely enjoying these last few days. Right now, my house is silent as they boys are napping (I was cuddling with one but couldn't quite sleep).

And I'll share some pictures from our vacation. Part of our vacation (thanks to my dad for taking such great pictures - as always).

Moose up on lookout tower in Halsey

mostly a good family picture above the forest

not quite tall enough but super cute just the same

brothers!!

Happy 7 years, dearest! Yes, this was on our anniversary last Monday!


family hike - Moose in the lead!

Squirt wanted to climb the tower again. Grandpa did not. :)

the next budding photog

found a perfect climbing tree


the trepidation on this kid's face says it all - I can sort of climb but getting down is not my thing!

And then we have daredevil :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)