Holiday Gift Idea: Krafty Minds (Etsy review)

Recently, Squirt has been pulling out movies from our collection, asking if he can watch them. Most of them are too old for a 3-year-old to watch, although it's tempting. One of his favorites to ask for is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I wouldn't mind him watching it really, but he gets frightened (or "scaried") kind of easily so I think The Shredder may freak him out.

But he loves listening to the cartoon theme song and things I find on You Tube. So I found this Nostalgically Inspired coin purse of Donatello on Etsy and had the opportunity to review it. My mom will tell you that I was a little obsessed with TMNT back in the day...she's probably right. I remember having MC Hammer-type pants with TMNT on them (they were red) and I wore them for so long they were mid-calf and holey in the knees. So I guess this is my way of re-living my childhood in a cooler fashion.

The coinpurse itself is really well-made. The sewing far surpasses my own...but that's not saying much, unfortunately. What I mean is it's well-sewn. I don't think I have a worry in the world that it will fall apart; I hope to have this piece for a long time.

Squirt hopes so, too. He has taken to carrying it around as much as I'll let him, which isn't a whole lot. I don't have a lot of money in there, but there are the debit cards.

What a great way to present a piece of childhood to your friends or family. Kristy of KraftyMinds has many other products for sale to bring back a good ol' piece of yesteryear...or yesterday. Here are some of my other favorites:

via here
anyone else remember Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers?
via here
NKOTB make-up bag
via here

via here
via here
there is also a Little Mermaid apron that would be perfect for your little princess!
via here
via here
Disclaimer: I received this product in order to write an honest review. Others may or may not have the same experience(s) with Etsy, KraftyMinds, or the product as I've had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)