PureFit Nutrition Bars (review)

On long runs, I've been accustomed to eating a protein bar or energy bar (whatever you call them), so I was excited to try PureFit Nutrition Bars. They are an all-natural, gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, vegan, kosher, high in protein, and diabetic-friendly. Sounds gross, right? Well, you would be wrong.


I am always cautious when I come across food of any sort that is GF, DF, and other -free. They don't normally taste great. However, PureFit nutrition bars are good. They taste about the same as other protein bars that I've eaten on my long runs.

I tried the Berry Almond Crunch on a 10 miler. I like fruit-flavored bars when I run, but they are hard to come by. That was a great run (accompanied by great weather!). The next bar I tried was chocolate brownie on an 11 mile treadmill run. The entire run was a bust - so hard. I tried to eat other things (pretzels and gels) in a manner to which I wasn't accustomed. I ate the bar way too fast and at the wrong time, so it ended up sitting in my stomach in an awful way. But it tasted good - not like a brownie, but like a protein bar chocolate brownie bar would taste. They never taste AS good as the real deal but definitely not bad.

I'm not scientific enough to tell you that they work in this way and keep your energy up in this way, but I know that protein is good! Protein helps your body recover on long runs or after. You can read up more on their nutrition information on their website here. I'm going to try just gels this weekend if I can (I ordered them online) and eat my protein after my run. That way nothing is sitting heavy in my stomach, making me feel like puking. That's the last thing I need on my long runs or any runs.

I like the PureFit bars and that they are natural. We (as a general population) eat far too many processed, un-natural things so it's nice when you can eat natural products. I think your body appreciates it! So check out the PureFit Nutrition Bars website and especially their special deals.

Disclaimer: I received a sample pack of PureFit Nutrition Bars in order to honestly facilitate this post. All opinions are my own. Others may or may not have the same experience(s) as I've had with this company and/or its products.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)