Kinnikinnick (review)

My bone to pick with going gluten-free and casein-free is that a lot of the cookbooks that I've seen have really fancy recipes. We are not fancy people - we're meat and potatoes kind of folk. I want someone to makeover my recipes I have and just tweak them to take out the wheat and dairy.

Well, Kinnikinnick has helped me begin that process myself. They sent us food that complies with our lifestyle; things my kids will eat! Montana's Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies were good. So good that my husband and I probably ate more of them than the kids. They still weren't very moist (these weren't the Chewy cookies) but they were so close to another brand of cookies (wish I could remember the name). Even Big A liked them, so that's really telling you something!

The Pancake & Waffle mix has made my family several meals. We do breakfast for dinner at least once a week. You can hardly taste the difference between the pancakes made with this mix and gluten-full mixes. My boys didn't notice a difference at all; maybe I did because I was aware of the difference. We haven't tried them with waffles, but we rarely do waffles (I think twice in the last 5 years).

We've tried two different kinds of pizzas with the Personal-sized Pizza Crusts: chicken and regular. I like these crusts a lot and was really pleased to see that a local store sells them. They are soft enough that they are easy for my boys to chew, which I've found is a problem with some of the frozen pizzas we've bought (too thin, I think is the real problem). I like the square shape, not just for novelty, but it's easier to put leftovers away. We haven't ever tried other kinds of pre-made pizza crusts but I enjoy these greatly, so I don't see why try another brand.

The Bread Crumbs - Panko Style were something I'd never tried before. I made french fries and chicken-fried pork with these. Both were seriously delicious. I loved the seasoning (so nice not to have to make up seasoning)! I used way too much in my pork recipe (the recipe called for way more than necessary) so I'm sorry to say I wasted quite a bit (can't reuse what egg has been dipped in)! I hope to get more soon.

The best part about Kinnikinnick is that I can get a few of their items at a local bulk store. The worst part is that there are only a very few items so for everything else it will have to be online or about an hour away (at least). That's ok because of the convenience of modern technology, fast shipping, and good internet.

I've read several blogs that praise this company for it's tasty food. It's so nice to find products that fit into your every day life, not that you have to really drastically change things for. I appreciate Kinnikinnick allowing us to sample their products!

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own; I received the items mentioned in order to write an honest review. others may or may not have the same experience(s) or opinions about the company and/or products.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)