His Mighty Warrior by Sheri Rose Shepherd (review)

I'm a little behind on my reviews, so I'll apologize now for the lack of personal posts for the next few days. Once I get pictures uploaded, I'll share some of my cutie boys with you!

We've been reading "His Mighty Warrior: A Treasure Map from Your King" little devotions book in the mornings. I guess, we've been off schedule a little with the holidays, but I really enjoy opening my day with my sons by reading The Word in a way that is age-appropriate for them. "His Mighty Warrior" is just that: a letter to my boys from their Father in heaven.
image via

I love how boy this book is. There's a pirate on the front, maps in the book. All the pages are rugged like a map or have a compass on them - all about exploration. And that's what I want to show my boys; that Jesus wasn't just a nice guy. He was a warrior, He was manly, He was strong! I think too often, our young men see Christianity as a feminine religion whereas it's full of strength, honor, fierceness, passion. Paul, Peter, Stephan, Luke....they weren't weak. Well, they were weak in their flesh, but in the Spirit of the Lord, they were strong and brave and bold! We are called to be those things!

"His Mighty Warrior" teaches our sons about loving their family, obeying their parents, where their real treasures are stored. They are shown to be tender, protecting, courageous, honoring. I think this is a wonderful tool to help our boys grow up to be men of the Lord. I know I want that for my sons; I want them to see their daddy here walk like Jesus so that they know how to walk like Jesus.

I very highly recommend this book. The artwork is fantastic inside; Moose loves it! The devotions are 2 pages each, so just short enough to hold even the smallest attention spans. Squirt doesn't sit still for long but he has so far for these "stories" (it also helps I do it at breakfast when he's strapped in his booster seat).

Right now you can buy it on Amazon for $10.19 and save a little money. Any money you spend on this book is well worth it!


Disclaimer: I received this book in order to facilitate an honest review. All opinions are my own. Others may or may not have the same experience(s) with this book, their publisher, or the author.

Comments

Diane said…
Sounds like a fun book. Great review! Have a good weekend!!! :O)

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)