starting the day out right

Last Sunday, our pastor spoke about the Holy Spirit. He asked how many of us rely on the Holy Spirit daily...honestly. Most of us get by without His help, we do! Isn't it incredible? We just go about our day and do not ask for the help (and subsequent blessings) of our Counselor?

I decided to wake up every day and ask for help. I've looked back at my life, my recent life, and realized that it's so hard alone. Sure, I'm walking with Christ and growing in my relationship with God. But I know there's more. I don't want an ordinary life, just going through the motions. I want extraordinary! I want God's full blessings. I want the Fruit of the Spirit!

So every day this week, I've woken up and just laid there and cried out to the Holy Spirit. That's a little strange to me; I didn't grow up praying to the Holy Spirit - I don't think most churches do that. But we should! He prays for us and intervenes for us! I am truly desperate for help throughout my days - not that my days are bad or out of the ordinary stressful. Not really (some days!). But can't they be so much better with the help of the One that Christ sent to help us? To help me?

And let me tell you, friends, this week has been a blessing. It hasn't been stress free. It hasn't been perfect. But it has been filled by the Holy Spirit. I just feel Him helping me, I'm aware of Him here. I know He has been there all along, but it's so nice to call out and be aware of Him. He doesn't leave us once we ask Christ to be our personal savior, but I think we forget because we can't always FEEL Him. That's one of the hardest parts of being a Christian is the unseen, but that's part of what makes our faith unique and special. We have faith in the unseen and we have help in the unseen.

Lord, thank you for being here for me. I know that my life is so much better with you at the wheel; I just ask that you keep in control. It's so much easier for me to know you're here to help. Thank you and I just can't say how much I love you.
Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)