1. What kind of diaper bag did you use? Purse-type? Diaper-bag type? Did your husband carry it? Did you use the straps to hold it on to the stroller? Did you also carry a purse?
2. When did you fit back into your pre-baby pants? Did you buy larger pants or stay in maternity pants after baby?
3. Favorite brands of diapers? Wipes?
4. Where did baby sleep those first few weeks (or longer)? Your bed? Bassinet? Crib? In your room or his/her own?
5. How long until baby made a public appearance? Where was baby's first public appearance?
6. Most useful baby item? I ran into a girl shopping for a baby gift in Target & she was looking at hooded towels. I said they were useful but should have thought of more useful items!
7. Did you find out the baby's gender beforehand?
8. How long was your hospital stay? Did your hospital provide any cool services (special meal, spa treatment, etc)?
9. Were you induced? Have a c-section? Use drugs? Epidural? Or au natural the whole way?
10. Do you like when friends come to the hospital to congratulate you or would you prefer that time just for your family (extended or immediate?)?
Well, here are my answers:
1. Walmart diaper bag(s). I got brown ones that were boy-ish. Big A carried it often. I did not carry a purse; I still often do not (remember, I still have one in diapers).
2. I didn't fit into pre-baby pants until after I lost all of my weight. I lost about 20 pounds after Moose was born but that wasn't enough to fit into them. Women who magically fit back into their pre-pregnancy pants make me completely, utterly jealous and I think some of them lie about it. So approximately 3 years after my son was born (and his brother), I fit back into pre-pregnancy pants (that I had thrown away by that time so I had to buy new ones). I stayed in maternity for awhile afterward...what else was I going to wear?
3. Favorite diapers are Huggies but I like Pampers (and Pampers Points). I dislike Luvs but we use them bc my MIL buys them sometimes. I don't care about wipes. Big A prefers brand-name but I think they are all the same.
4. Moose slept in our room in a bassinet one night. He slept in his bassinet in his room for one week. And Squirt always slept in his crib, in his room. Big A was always really nervous about babies in our bed - nervous he'd squish them. So they stayed in their room and I really prefer it that way, so my room is my space. Our kids still sleep in their own room, in their own beds (although Squirt desperately wants to sleep with Moose but he is all 'Squirt in his crib').
5. Moose made a public appearance about a week after he was born to church. Squirt was the following Sunday, also to church. We don't keep our kids under wraps - germs are good for their immune systems.
6. I appreciated diapers as gifts! Boring but SO useful. I also appreciated a meal those first few weeks - and visitors.
7. We didn't find out either gender beforehand. If we were to have another, I would.
8. I stayed in the hospital 3 days with each. Actually a little longer with Squirt because I went in the night before to be induced. Our hospital provided a nice meal for us parents - so yum!
9. Moose = naturally went into labor, epidural, then water broken. They turned off my epidural bc I wasn't pushing correctly.
Squirt = induced (loved it), used some (awesome) drugs, also had an epidural but (again) they turned it off. However, the drugs were enough to keep away the pain. Almost had a c-section, had we stayed in Virginia, the dr. wanted to give me a c-section bc of my fistula from Moose. Our doctor in Nebraska said it was small enough that I'd be fine - and I was/am.
10. I love when people come to the hospital. Friends, family! I like to show off our new additions. Nursing is a little awkward but if they don't mind, I don't mind.
What about you?