The Quotable Rogue edited by Matt Lewis

I agreed to read The Quotable Rogue: The Ideals of Sarah Palin in Her Own Words (edited and with a foreword by Matt Lewis) awhile back and it's taken me a few weeks to get to this book because of other items I'm reading. However, this book was a simple read. It's basically a book of Sarah Palin quotes that is edited into different categories: on abortion, on the economy, on family, etc.

I can't say I learned anything new about Sarah Palin. I've been a fan of hers from the start. I think she has some wonderful ideals and a good heart. I don't necessarily want her to be president, but I guess we'll see if she even throws a nomination out there. The book itself, like I said, didn't really throw new information my way. However, I believe that someone who only watches mainstream media or Saturday Night Live to get their information about Palin would learn something.

As we come upon an election year, I think that if Palin throws her name into the nomination pool for the GOP, then this would be a great book to read to learn more about her and her ideals. Or if you're a giant fan of hers (read her books and watch every tv segment she's in), go for it. If you're a regular joe that doesn't get too involved in politics - first of all, get on it because the election is going to be here before you know it and you need to know your politics! Secondly, this book probably isn't for you.


Disclaimer: I reviewed this book for Book Sneeze, part of Tommy Nelson Publishing. All opinions are my own. Others may or may not have the same experience(s) as I've had with this book and/or company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)