Top 10 Reasons Big A is the Rockingest Husband1. He LOVINGLY persuaded me to run. How many guys can tell you in a loving manner to start running?
2. He's the hardest working husband. Whether it's building fence, changing diapers, being a human jungle gym, running 13.1 miles, lifting millions of pounds of weights (ok maybe not THAT much but a lot), doing schematics, mowing the lawn, leading Sunday School class at the last minute, leaving for Indiana with 30 minutes' notice for work, playing slowpitch softball - whatever. Big A does it with all of his heart and all of his soul. Every time.
3. He is the fun parent - and I'm glad to let him be that way. I don't like being a human jungle gym. I greatly dislike when our 1-year-old bounces up and down on my stomach. Big A gladly lets him do it - and lets him sit on his face. Weird but I'm thankful.
|see? totally fun...just not for me.|
|He's even continued to run with me - bloody nipples and all!|
6. He does the jobs I don't want to do - even when they're my responsibility. Yesterday, I was complaining (I know, I know - do everything without complaining and arguing) about dishes. He said, "Don't do them. Use paper plates and forks. I'll do the dishes when I get home." That's love, ladies and gentlemen.
7. I'm the alpha parent - and he knows it. I spend most of my time with our sons. Not that Big A wouldn't if he could, but someone has to make money in this house. But I love that Big A gives me grace when I'm overwhelmed by our sons but also is so supportive of me as #1 parent. If I make a rule, he tries his very best to stick with it. When I make chore charts or read ABC Bible Verses in the morning, he makes sure it gets done when I'm not there.
8. Our bedroom is a very fun and loving place. Enough said. :) (although I will also say that he lets me cuddle even when he's warm and my feet are very cold)
9. He makes time for me. Even if we can't afford a date (or are too unorganized to organize one), Big A makes sure that we have time together almost every day. Even if it's just watching America's Got Talent or Biggest Loser, it's being together. Some of my favorite nights with him have been when he's fighting sleep just to be with me a little longer.
10. He married me. It's not that I had a terrible past but when I met Big A I was a lost soul. Big A played a huge encouraging role in me surrendering to Jesus Christ as my Savior. Big A has accepted my past and my present and still wants to make a future with me. I'm the luckiest girl ever.
Some husbands may make loads of money or be great chefs or DIYers, but not one of their wives has what I have: a husband 100% committed to God, me, and our children (plus, he's got killer eyes!).