Monday Meandering (1/17/11)

Bible Study... I'm reading two devotionals. Unto the Hills by Billy Graham and Voices of the Faithful compiled by Beth Moore (review coming soon).

Memory Verse... I get these daily emails from KLOVE with a verse. This one really spoke to me the other day in the midst of organizing and weeding through all of this autism junk. 
"The Lord will work out his plans for my life - for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me." - Psalm 138:8, NLT

The Lord is so faithful to me. Even when I'm overwhelmed and stressed out, when I come to my senses, I know that he will bear that struggle for me. He has his own plans for my life and I merely need to be faithful to him. That's not to say that I don't have work to do, but the worry and stress are taken from me. He asks to bear that weight for me. How blessed I am.
Husband Encouragement... I want to finish packing for us this week so he doesn't have to when he gets home. I also want to call all the utilities and stuff to get them cut off from here in Nebraska and set up in Kansas.

Train Them Up... I need to write a social story about moving for Moose so that he can better understand what's going on. Although I think he'll be fine because he's moved before and done perfectly fine with it (them). But it will be good for Squirt, too. 
I need to remember to be patient patient patient with Squirt. I have more patience for Moose and Big A has more patience for Squirt but I need to level mine out for the both of them.

Personal Goals... Despite moving this weekend, I would like to complete all of my scheduled work outs this week.

New Habit of the Month... My new habit of the month...not sure. Well, I need to remember to continue to write my prayers out.

MUST Do... Laundry (always), finish all library books, clean rooms (esp bathrooms), finish packing.

Zone... Everywhere! I'd like to leave this place better than when we moved in (which isn't hard really).

Menu - (always subject to change)
Monday -cutlets or deer sausage
Wednesday - deer sausage
Thursday - Hamburger Helper or deer sausage (can you tell I'm trying to clear the freezer before our move?)
Friday -sirloin steak
Saturday - pizza
Sunday - hopefully not deer sausage!

FUN THINGS! Today and tomorrow Moose has speech therapy (which is fun), I have my first two vb games tonight, tomorrow there is a MOPS playdate but I'm not sure if we'll go because I'm going back up there tomorrow night for a Pampered Chef party/going away party for my friend Jaesi (bittersweet). On Thursday, Squirt is staying with my friend Mandy while Moose and I go check out his new classroom and meet his teacher (bittersweet but I am excited).

3 things I'm thankful for today... 
1. Health - last week was awful with Moose & Squirt being so sick.
2. God - He is the shelter in the storm, for sure. My strong fortress!
3. Friends - we will be depending on friends to help us move this weekend. I know my MIL thinks of us asking for help as asking for a hand out, but I feel that these are the situation that friends are for. You help us and we help you.


Join my friend, Sarah, with your Monday Meanderings.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aww, I hope your boys feel better!

Amy Lauren
Dee said…
I'm sooo behind on laundry too..feel free to come over and help me out if you get done with yours. :)

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)