Monday Meanderings (11/22/10)

Bible Study... I've been reading "A Year with God" at night but need to do more actual Bible reading. This book is good but not very deep. I'd like something deeper.

Memory Verse... Ephesians 6:4
"Do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."
**taking this from Sarah last week - I really need to focus on this verse **

Husband Encouragement...
*think of a good Christmas gift for him (so far reflective running gear & shoe ID)
*encourage him to run when he's sitting on the fence over whether to work out or not at certain times
*set up a meeting for us and a realtor so we can start looking at houses (done last Friday - flop. Need to look at not-so-cheap houses)

Train Them Up...
*Think of more crafts to do with Moose. Preferably 3 per week. SO excited about this Christmas Advent Activity Calendar I'm going to do for Moose. I also hope to come up with something for Squirt to do while we're at it.
* Think of small developmental things/games to play with Squirt (building blocks, stacking, sorting)
* Work on words with Moose
* Read at least 3 books per day to each child

Personal Goals...

New Habit of the Month...
Sweep the dining room after meals.
**again, taking from Sarah - good habit! **

MUST Do...
* Find out what we're taking to Thanksgiving

* Call my baby sister (today she's 19) - check, Moose & I called & sang to her at 7am!

Zone...
I need to dust this week. Everywhere.

Menu -
M - upside down pizza (we made it last night & it took too long for us to wait)
T - tortilla cigars (from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook)
W - marinated chicken and au gratin potatoes
Th - Thanksgiving at in-laws'
F - leftovers (hopefully from Thanksgiving) or burgers
S - lasagna made with rice and canned tomatoes
Su -chili

FUN THINGS!
* MOPS potluck & play date tomorrow
* Thanksgiving!!
* The town has a window holiday lighting thing tonight - Santa will be here, there's a book sale, craft fair - fun stuff

3 things I'm thankful for today... In the midst of it all, we can ALWAYS choose to be thankful!
1. One of our friends' little boys choked on a chip over the weekend. Between his parents & another friend, they got the chip dislodged in under a minute...scariest time of my life (and I'm sure theirs). Praise to the Lord for him being just fine.
2. I am so thankful for my friend, Sarah. She has such a sweet heart and kind spirit. I'm very blessed to call her friend.
3. I'm thankful for 3 days of "work" this week and 5 days with Big A!

Want to join in with your weekly plans?? Check out In Light of the Truth!

Comments

Beck said…
Girrrrrl - You blow me away with your incredible faith and devotion to your family. It makes me happy that you and Big A are so happy. :)

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)