textiles

I've been busy making lap books/tot books for Moose (will be posting about this soon). I want to do something fun for Squirt, too!

He very much likes different textures (something Moose never seemed to care about). His blankies that he likes to sleep with are knitted ones; he doesn't really care for store-bought blankies (no matter how cute).

So I'd like to give him a variety of textures to play with/explore. What other textiles are there? And how could I incorporate them into a little game? Any ideas on where I can find cheap material (scraps even)?

I'm thinking velvet, silk, corduroy, denim, cotton...what else?

Comments

You could buy remnants at any fabric store, but if you just need a little bit, it would probably be pretty cheap to just buy it.

My ideas would be:

Sew a cube with a different texture to each side.

Take an old baby board book and glue a different fabric to each page.

Happy crafting!

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)