Seeking Joy (guest post)

Good morning to you all! Today is Friday and this is my last guest poster, Erin. We became friends through MOPS and now are bloggy friends. She is really amazing so I'll stop writing and let her!


6:30 a.m.
Are they SERIOUSLY awake already?!
Yes, I admit this thought crosses my mind quite frequently when my two tow-headed little boys get out of bed before my mind is functioning properly.
Not a great start to the day admittedly, but I'm just being honest here.
And that's when I need to head to my knees.
Even better, get on my knees BEFORE they get up.
Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. ~Psalm 127:3
After worshipping my Lord in the morning, I want this to be the next prayer from my lips.
A reminder of just how blessed we are to have these young men.
A chance to focus on the beauty of motherhood, instead of the chaos and craziness that only moms of boys can understand.
Summer 2010 045
An opportunity to discover alongside them the joy in simple, everyday things - which aren't so ordinary when experienced with two precious boys.
I have snuck into their rooms at night for a while, after they are asleep, taking in the sweetness of their slumbering faces and letting go of all the day's frustration.
But now I am also seeking joy in the morning and treasuring the gifts God has given us.
What are you doing to seek joy in your life?


Erin is at Home with the Boys in Nebraska after five years as an elementary music teacher. Her Savior, her med-student husband and her two lively boys are the loves of her life - and the inspiration for her blog! She loves to cook, bake, craft & read as well, so there's always a little of that thrown in on the blog from time to time! And through it all, you'll probably find her breaking out in random song. A co-founder and creator of the M.O.B. Society, she also contributes to Gather Inspirit. She tweets at @homewiththeboys.

Comments

Lori said…
Hi there! I got here from blog click, to blog click, to blog click! This was a great post to read, thank you for sharing ~ I'm stilling trying to figure out how to find the joy with my munchkins. Some days it's easy, some days it just doesn't come at all.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)