Monday Meanderings

need some organization in your Monday? join us for Monday Meanderings
 
Bible Study... I'm reading through Praying the Scriptures For Your Children by Jodie Berndt (VERY good book) & I'm also reading Instructions to Wives, Mothers, and Their Husbands by Gil Rugh (I'm not sure at this point I would recommend it)

Memory Verse... James 3:1-12 Our youth pastor (and friend) at church preached a sermon based on this on Sunday. It was so good to hear and very humbling as I struggled with this a few days this weekend especially.

Husband Encouragement... I would like to NOT argue with Big A all this week; I did enough unnecessary yelling this weekend (understand why Sundays sermon was good for me to hear?).
- make him some good meals this week
- help him make his lunch nightly
- make sure he does not unnecessarily snack

Train Them Up... 
- patience patience patience
- start using time outs with Squirt
- < 2 hours/day for Moose 
- speech pathologist visit on Thursday for Moose

Personal Goals... 
- 4 runs this week
- 1-2 yoga sessions
- read the library book I got for myself (anybody else like Robin Jones Gunn books?)

New Habit of the Month...
- write all of my blog posts on Sunday evenings or during naps
- pray specifically for my boys before I go to bed

MUST Do...
- schedule Squirt's 15 month well-baby appointment
- be prepared for Moose's speech path. visit
- write Cast of Characters review

Zone... - de-clutter our living room
- start cleaning up the mold from our basement (any volunteers welcome)

Menu -
Monday: meatloaf
Tuesday: chicken & potatoes (using one of those new McCormick pre-measured packets)
Wednesday: beef & noodles (crockpot)
Thursday: soft tacos
Friday: homemade chicken nuggets & baked potatoes
Saturday: burgers & fries
Sunday: grilled chicken

FUN THINGS!
- Monday & Tuesday walk in parade for MOPS
- hopefully set up a play date for this week

3 things I'm thankful for today... 
- the IRS finally getting us our 2008 amended refund! Yay!
- the random visit I got this morning from a friend who lives in the same town (for another week or so)
- skirts - I love wearing skirts! They make me feel beautiful and feminine even when I'm sweating like a little piggie




Join my pal, Sarah from In Light of the Truth with your own Monday Meanderings...

Comments

Theresa said…
I have started loving wearing skirts too. I have some all cotton ones that you can fold over to adjust the length. They are so comfy. I used to think skirts were for dressing up, but one of my new favorite outfits is a skirt, t-shirt and flip-flops.
Thanks for joining me this week!! So great to see you tonight! You guys wanna come over for a playdate sometime this week?? Our house is put back together now and we'd love to hang out! Any day is good, just let me know! BTW, what's "< 2 hours/day for Moose"??
James is my favorite book in the Bible! :D I enjoyed reading your post today! Sometimes it's hard to not argue with those closest to us... but you can do it!! :D
This

"patience patience patience"

is my mantra this summer.
Rachel said…
Your week sounds so busy!!!

And thanks for the tip on the praying scripture for your kids book :)

Have a great one!

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)