Monday Meanderings



Bible Study: I have nothing going on right now for a Bible Study. I need to start reading 2 Corinthians though. I just finished "I Am Hutterite" by Mary-Ann Kirkby (review soon).

Memory Verse: Phil. 2:14 'Do everything without complaining or arguing.' I need to learn this as well as my children. I have a song from VBS many years ago that goes along with it.

Husband Encouragement: I need to keep my mouth shut.  For instance, I really hate my hair. Really, really hate it. It's changed since I got pregnant and I don't know what to do with it. It's not curly or straight and it's not pretty when I leave it down. It's frizzy (even with frizz control stuff). So I put it up in a ponytail. Well, my hair doesn't all fit in a pony tail so I have to have a little pouf up top - I'm sick of it. Over my little sister's graduation, my older sister let me use her flat iron - omg it was amazing. Unfortunately, it's also around $200 (not that I could afford a $20 one at this point). The other day I was frustrated with my hair and had a little rant about it. Big A thinks I'm trying to guilt him into buying it for me. I'm not - at least not on purpose. Not that I don't want it but I know I can't have it - there are so many other things that we need that take precedence over my wants. So I need to keep that stuff to myself. And be more thankful for all he does for me because he does a lot!

Train Them Up: Moose - It's potty training week! He's doing good, not complaining about sitting on the potty every half hour (even when I paused Elmo tonight).
Squirt - I need to teach him some signs and how to say mama and dada.

Personal Goals: 1. Get all of my runs in this week. I was under the weather today so I didn't get my run in (which sucked bc Big A was home all day) but I'll make it up.
 2. Search around for an affordable seamstress to take in some clothes for me
 3. Write a review for "I Am Hutterite"

New Habit of the Month: Be soft spoken. I get angry and raise my voice and yell all too often. Moose has picked up on this so whenever I holler into the other room or just get excited, he thinks I'm mad and starts yelling. Super annoying but I need to start the change.

MUST Do!: 1. Get healthy (I think I ate some bad strawberries)
2. call the doctor to update her on Squirt (feeling better, BMs have blood off and on)
3. Make finite plans for the birthday parties this summer (joint family one and both boys' parties) - themes, decor, food, guests

Menu: ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA.
 Monday: tonight we had leftovers
 Tuesday: homemade pizza
 Wednesday: brats & homemade mac & cheese (or boxed LOL)
 Thursday: chicken parmesan (STILL have not had this)
 Friday: grilled cheese & soup
 Saturday: ideas welcome
 Sunday: something in the crockpot
 
Fun Things: Nothing; we'll be home potty training all week
 
3 Things I'm Thankful For Today:
1. Moose being such a big boy & sitting all nice on his potty
2. My husband letting me take a huge nap this morning when I wasn't feeling well
3. My husband for mowing the grass (Sarah, I hate it too)

Comments

I have not-straight-but-not-wavy-enough-to-be-pretty-hair-so-it-goes-in-a-pony-tail-every-day hair too! I LOVE flat irons! It takes out most of the frizz, makes it soft, and straightens wonderfully! But right now my hair is too long to leave down like that at all. I NEED a hair cut badly to layer it and do SOMETHING with it because right now it is so DRAB, I hate hate it! And I hate that I just put it up every day!

Try to have fun this week even if you're just at home doing the potty training thing! Play in the sprinker, paint outside, ANYTHING!

I love your "ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA" on the menu! LOL

And your new habit is one I need to work on as well. I'd LOVE to have "a quiet and gentle spirit" 1 Peter 3:4 and it's something I'm working on!

Have a great week! And let me know if you hear anything about Squirt! By the way, we go to your same doc, I saw your family photo at the nurses station last time I was there with Carter. =)
I know what you mean. I have the same type of hair and it drives me crazy. I bought a really good flat iron through my hair stylist at cost before we had kids. I am praying that thing never goes out on me because I know I will not be able to afford another.

Potty training...fun times! It will be all worth it in the end.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)