heat wave

phew! It's about 38 degrees here today. That, ladies and gentlemen, is what we in Nebraska call a HEAT WAVE! Oh yeah!

FINALLY took the boys on a walk!! I have been waiting since fall to do this. We went to the library where Squirt fell asleep in the stroller (sitting straight up -weirdo). Then we trekked to the post office where I spent at least 5 minutes (and it felt like 10) embarrassing myself trying to open the stupid thing (it's one of those combination locks - yeah, we kick it old school here) before I asked the post master for help. Then Moose had a little meltdown in the library which added to my frustration. I was so mad at him. Ugh.

But now everyone is down for a nap (well, except me of course). I haven't been able to nap here well. Part of it is because our room is too bright and we have yet to put up curtains. We have curtains but no rods - and I hate HATE our curtains. They don't fit and are cheap. They are up in the boys' rooms but only so they will sleep better/longer. Some day I'll have nice curtains and they'll fit the windows and decor (of which we have none here either). *sigh*

Anyway, I'm reading "The Blind Side" which is just as good as the movie but sort of heavy on the football details. I have had to ask Big A about certain things because I'm clueless about football except: offense scores, defense tries to keep offense from scoring, and the big "roles" on the field (quarterback, center, linemen).

Scratch that nap part. The baby's awake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)