Commandant of Confusion: Bibleman review

I had the opportunity to review "Combating the Commandant of Confusion: A Bibleman Live Adventure" through Book Sneeze.

Now, I grew up in the age of the Power Rangers. At first glance, Bibleman seems comparable. Using action and fight-sequencing for good to triumph over evil.
In this episode of Bibleman, a side kick named Chaos has teamed up with the Commandant of Confusion, a villain who likes to make up big words to make himself sound smart and superior. They are trying to steal the armor of God; during their mission, they find a secret weapon that reads "this device contains the most powerful weapon known to man, follow instructions closely to prevent severe harm." Well, the villains decide to use this weapon against Bibleman and his team.
After a semi-cheesy fight scene, the villains capture Bibleman. Bibleman uses Scripture to get out of his chains...but can he stop the timer on the secret weapon before it self-destructs?

My thoughts:
Although my boys are a little young for this type of movie, I can see this being a great way to infiltrate the Bible into young boys' (and girls') lives. Every boy wants to be a super hero; they want to save the day. Bibleman shows them how to use Scripture to fight off confusion (in this episode) and other "invisibles" thrown at us that can lead us away from God.
The way Bible verses were just used in the dialogue for the movie (which looks to be a skit in real life taped for DVD) was fantastic. A great idea to show kids how to use their memory verses and how those verses really can help you fight off the "invisible combatants" in real life.
I would not recommend this for very young children. I would probably let my sons watch this when they are around age 5 (the DVD says for ages 6-10) or when I would think they were mature enough to handle the information.

Comments

Does look like a great way to infiltrate the bible into children. :)
EmmaP said…
I still recite scripture mastery verses when I need to. Great topic.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)