Christmas Recap

Snowed in. That's how we spent our Christmas. And it was LOVELY! I really enjoyed waking up and just knowing that our little foursome would spend the day together. We started out, of course, opening gifts.

Moose got a Cars racetrack. It spews quotes from the movie: "Speed. I am speed." "You're one gutsy racer." The kid knows all the words...apparently he woke up yesterday saying, "speed, I am speed."

Moose thought since Squirt couldn't care less about his toys, he would break them in for his brother. Later, Squirt started to roll over and over and over to get to this toy. He even gets his fingers on it and manages to push buttons. If I get a chance, I'll post video sometime.

Squirt is really getting the hang of rattles, just throwin' them around, hitting himself in the face a lot. He got wrist rattles in his stocking; I'm not sure he likes them (or can hear them, they are awfully quiet). But it's the thought that counts!

Big A's favorite gift! He always says if we have a house, there's so much he doesn't know how to do, fix-it-wise. So I found this online and thought it'd be perfect. It is. And super useful. I read through it and it's not even technical-speak so even ones that have no fix-it knowledge (i.e. ME) can read it.

The star of the day was Sid the Science Kid. Moose carried him everywhere, cried when he couldn't go to nap time (or bed time) with him (no off-switch). He also knows every phrase the kid says and repeats it. Again, I'll have to post the video, it's so darling. Thank you so much, Michelle!


Big A got me a woman's Husker shirt. I wanted one because I only have one Husker shirt to begin with and I just wanted not just a t-shirt. So cute. And he usually has no fashion sense. Good job, babe.
He also got me The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga and Boot Camp DVDs (and a yoga mat and exercise ball to go along). I'm excited to get my butt in gear and lose this baby (x2) and college weight! The workouts are hard but feel sooo good!


And finally, our Christmas dinner. My uncle couldn't make it out of his parking lot to make it across town to join us, so again, it was just us. Ham, stuffing, potatoes, rolls, green bean casserole, fruit salad, cherry cobbler, and juice in the fancy glasses that we NEVER use. Beautiful and delicious. Again, thanks to Big A!

Overall, it was a very nice day. I am very excited to spend time with both of our families in the coming weeks. I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas, too.

Comments

EmmaP said…
what a cute day! looks like fun and that food looks AMAZING!!!!!
You are so welcome. What a nice day. I love the shirt, he did good.

I am so going to try to lose some weight. We just picked up a treadmill from my parents and I am going to do a 9 day detox that I did after the birth of Aiyana that really helped get the weight to melt off. It is from the Smash Fat Diet book. Good luck...let me know how you do! Maybe we can keep each other on track.
Alicia said…
i'm so glad you guys had such a beautiful Christmas! we stayed home with our little ones all day too and just ate with the family at night. it was SO nice to just hang out and relax with our babies! moose looks like he's lovin' those toys! btw i haven't forgotten about the clothes... i'm still sorting through all of their stuff!! so i'm hoping to get the boxes out this week! you look adorable in the shirt girl! good job big a!

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)