Christmas meme

I wasn't tagged at this but I saw it at J. Leigh Designz (wonderful blog BTW) and I love memes a lot.

1.) Have you started your Christmas shopping?
Of course! I'm almost done, actually. I started on Black Friday.

my closet is busting at its seams


2.) Tell me about one of your special traditions.
We take the kids to see Santa. We get together with one of our families on Christmas Day to open gifts (this year it's the in-laws). We bake up a storm and take them to neighbors. We drive around to look at lights. We go to church, of course. I also like to get a new ornament for our tree (that we will someday have as they won't fit on our little tree we have now) to represent something about our family each year. So far we have a few from 2006 when we got married, Baby's first Christmas from 2007 for Moose, and I guess we skipped 2008 and now Baby's first Christmas from 2009 for Squirt.
I really want to do the new jammies thing on Christmas Eve. I also want to read "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve and the Christmas Story (from the Bible) on Christmas Day.

3.) When do you put up your Tree?
I would like to put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving; however, we just put it up 2 days ago this year.


4.) Are you a Black Friday shopper?
Yes! Just not this year after our Thanksgiving nap tantrum with Moose. We decided we couldn't get him up so early because he wouldn't have a nap that day either. EDIT: Big A did go out this year for me/us.

5.) Do you Travel at Christmas or Stay home?
We travel. But I've put my foot down about going to both of our parents' houses on Christmas Day. I don't want my boys to open their gifts at one house, pack 'em up and travel 3 hours to the others' house. I'm not a fan of that. So now we switch off years.

6.) What is your funniest Christmas memory?
I don't think I've had a funny Christmas. Are they supposed to be funny? I always have fun just not LOL funny. hmm..

7.) What is your favorite Christmas Movie of All time?
I really love Home Alone. I also love The Nativity Story (it's so beautiful).

8.)Do you do your own Christmas Baking, what’s your favorite treat?
We do our own baking around here. My favorite is Big A's grandma's Christmas goodies. They are peanut butter, white almond bark, peanuts, mini marshmallows, & rice krispies - all melted together in wonderful goodness.
9.) Fake or Real Tree?
I'd like to try a real tree; I've never had one.

10.) What day (as a Mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done?
I don't panic. I really like the holidays. I enjoy them.

11.) Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?
No, I wrap as I buy. They are all sitting wrapped in my closet, actually with bows even.

12.) What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas?
I adore the holidays. I love the trees, the lights. I love the busyness. Everything.

13.) What Christmas craft do you like the best?
I don't do Christmas crafts. Although there are a few things I'd like to try.

14.) Christmas music. Yes or No, and if yes What is your favorite song?
Love it! I love teaching Moose this year. O Holy Night is probably my favorite.

15.) When do you plan to finish all your shopping?
This weekend. All I have to do is buy 2 gift cards for my FIL and BIL.

Comments

Honey Mommy said…
I am mostly done shopping- hooray! We skipped the Black Friday shopping this year too. Just not worth it!

We travel to Tucson for Christmas. Now that's a fun drive with two toddlers, let me tell you!
Vicki said…
I love O Holy Night too :) My favorite rendition is on a Country Cares for Kids CD that we have. I think Martina McBride sings it.
Those cookies look delicious!

Good idea switching years. It seems like it would be so hectic to travel to both parents' houses. My husband's parents are Jehovah's Witness, so I do not have to worry about that dilemma. His brother's family joins us on Christmas Eve.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)