How did I do this week? Um....yeah. Not too bad, I guess, but let's look at it by my goals.
1. Start my Slim Fast diet. One drink for breakfast, one for lunch plus half a sandwich or other small meal, and a healthy dinner. Add in 2 very small, healthy snacks.
This went fairly well until the weekend. Yeah. The dinner out at Applebee's, the puppy chow my husband made and the wedding we attended (with a candy table) really didn't help. But I'll do better. I know that one of the worst things you can do as you try to lose weight is beat yourself up over mistakes.
2. Take a walk 4 days a week AND do some kind of in-home workout 4 days a week. If it's too hot to walk outside, then I can substitute the in-home workout (and vice versa).
I started off fairly well with an :08 Pilates workout Monday, chasing after Moose at the mall and giving him a shoulder ride for about 10 minutes on Tuesday, and carrying Squirt around the fair for about an hour on Thursday. But not really my intended goal. Again, I'll keep trying.
3. Pick out a goal outfit.
This I can do! My outfit isn't something really hot or anything. It's a pink softball t-shirt from when I umpired a 10U tournament (Big A really loves this shirt) and a pair of jeans that I fit into (eventually) after Moose was born. I'd like those to be loose. Who knows...maybe I'll do so well that I'll have to pick out an even smaller goal outfit. :)
This week's goals:
1. STICK TO MY SLIM FAST/DIET MEAL PLAN 6 out of 7 days this week.
2. Read Jillian Michael's book "Winning by Losing" (quite possibly a 2 week goal).
3. Do some kind of workout 4 or 5 days a week. I think last week's goals were lofty for me as I really dislike working out and Moose freaks out when I do in-home workouts. So walk a few times this week, do a few Pilates workouts, go to the mall and walk around with the boys - something.
Weight loss: 1 pound (it was 2 pounds but that junk food over the weekend kind of screwed that up).