Daddy & a shower make a difference

Ahhhh....I think a Daddy & a shower make SO MUCH of a difference! :) I feel so much better, let me tell you!

And, I really appreciate all the comments and advice. I don't plan on putting Squirt on his back; that freaks me out too much. But if he keeps not sleeping, I may try a noise machine and/or one of those wedge thingers. I tried putting rolled blankets by him so he could feel secure...and he got out of my swaddling (I'm not very good at that haha).

He'll sleep (sometimes and for only a bit) in the bouncer (which I need to get batteries for), but I haven't put him in the swing since he can't hold his head up yet.

I think a LOT of our problem is constipation. We've been "helping" him poop for awhile now with the thermometer (does the same thing a suppository does). We've even thinned his formula (just a bit and only because our doctor suggested this when Moose was constipated at this age). Not much help. So I'm sure that doesn't help his grumpiness; I know how he feels and I bet his tummy feels bad.

But thank you for sympathizing. I said something on Facebook about being with Grumpy 1 and Grumpy 2 and I had an aunt say something about enjoying it because they'll be teenagers and I'll wish it was this easy. Yeah, I get that, but that's not exactly what I needed to hear today. I needed women like you telling me it was ok to feel like this and advice that doesn't feel like a bombardment.
THANK YOU!

Comments

Stacey said…
Have you considered that maybe it's the formula that's bothering him? Maybe try one with low iron, or no iron. Babies have stores of iron in their bodies until around 6 months or so. Iron can really constipate!
Aubrey said…
Ooooh. I can relate. Our last one was a crier and loved to be held. It felt like every time I put him in his own bed, he would wake up. There were many a times I fell asleep with him on the couch after breastfeeding just so I COULD get some sleep.

BTW...the breastfeeding didn't last long because it felt like that's ALL I was doing. I know that sounds really selfish but I had to switch to the bottle for my sanity!
Tiffany said…
I can't believe I missed all this!!!!

Oh your new beautiful son is here!!!

I used a tiny drop or two of prune juice in each bottle- MIL told me to try it and it worked- not sure if doc would recommend it though...

Your hormones are over the place right now- give yourself some time- take lots of deep breaths and try to laugh when things seem nuts.

Have you tried a sling or a front carrier? Will LIVED in one for the first 4 months and loves it- keeps your hands free too.

We used a wedge (bassinet for a bit and then he slept with us.)

Email me anytime!

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)