As Stephanie Tanner would say...

HOW RUDE!

Sorry, this is going to be a small vent. I'm really irritated right now. I have my status set on Facebook to show that I'm voting for John McCain. I haven't been shy about this at all; you all know I'm his supporter. And if you really knew me, this should be no surprise to you. I'm old-fashioned and conservative.
But a friend, who used to watch my son even, wrote on my wall "John McCain? What's your problem? He's bad for anyone who cares about education." I don't mind if people have a problem with who I vote for, but there is no reason to be rude about it. I have other issues on my mind that are of more importance than education (NOT saying this is not important; I have strong feelings about education, but I honestly don't think either candidate is going to drastically change the educational system for better or worse). I just wish people would be more considerate to one another considering this election. Issues really important to me, may not be as important to Joe the Plumber or Bob the Builder (haha), and vice versa.
I'm just a little hurt now. I do care about education; I always have, I always will. But I agree with John McCain on many issues and disagree with Barack Obama on many more issues.
So be considerate. I try to be. My only vendetta is against people who don't know WHY they are voting for either candidate.

Comments

Aubrey said…
Well stated! There is nothing more irritating than a ignorant, non-educated voter!
I'm an Obama supporter and would NEVER think of being so rude! Except to my sister who is voting for, well, your guy! LOL
Vote!

p.s. Has Ronnica given you a hard time yet about Saturday's game?? LOL
Kelsey said…
People are such pricks. I have kids at school that are threatening me all the time because I voted McCain. I honestly don't even care about them or what they say anymore, I'm not going to agree with them ever so I'm not going to get myself in a tizzy over it.
GO MCCAIN! I'm wearing my shirt tomorrow!
Rion said…
BOO JOHN MCCAIN GO HILLARY?

I dont like either candidate. :(

Though I wont say anything mean cause you are voting for who you vote for. :D
Ginny said…
This election is really bringing out the worst in people I have noticed. We had a lady in a city near by that actually refused candy to any kid with an Obama supporter as a parent. She made tons of kids cry. She was even on the news yelling about refusing any one that supports Obama. There were these poor little 4 year old girls crying on the news. Totally crazy!

I have a family member that is a McCain supporter that is saying we aren't welcome over if we vote Obama.

I now understand why it is supposed to be kept a secret who you vote for.

I agree with you on the education issue. It is important to me, but not one that would make or break my vote.
Angie said…
Yes, that was very rude!
My Momma always told me that if I didn't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. I would NEVER say something belittling to someone else just because they don't agree with me. You just don't treat people that way. It's one thing to voice your opinion, it's another to sprew out insults.
I just aint right.
EmmaP said…
i totally agree. we need to be educated about who we vote for, and respect everyone else in their CHOICE to vote! They are invoking their amendment rights. But I would HOPE that people are voting informed...
tiarastantrums said…
people are dopes sometimes!! Beliefs are personal - like it or not!
Mariah said…
I can't believe how this election has turned people into monsters.

Popular posts from this blog

MOB Society: Bragging on Boys

Greater (movie review)

We Choose Virtues (review & giveaway!)