Tuesday, September 23, 2008

watching the Biggest Loser...

And where it should be this big inspiration to me, it's not. It really just makes it seem impossible to lose more weight. They have 24/7 to work out - they've left their families, work, and everyday life so they don't have to worry about those responsibilities. Of course, I can't imagine how hard it is to leave their lives behind like that, but the reality is, I wouldn't want to be away from my family (nor do I weigh enough to go on the show anyway).
But I'm frustrated. I did so good losing the weight I did, but I'm still not to pre-baby weight. I have plateaued with 10 extra baby pounds and AT LEAST 20 more extra pounds on top of that. I really would love to lose 30-50 more pounds, I just feel....hopeless.
I was using Slim Fast but it's getting so expensive that I can't. Plus, my weight was leveling out anyway. I know I need to stop snacking, but I get hungry. And if I snack, it's just bad all around. I know I should drink water to escape that "hunger/boredom" but I'm not stupid, I know it's water.
I need to start running (after I start back up walking) in order to lose this kind of weight.
Here's the thing about that....I.HATE.RUNNING. with a passion! It sucks. I feel like an idiot and I just can't do it for long. How I was ever athletic is beyond me.
I guess I just need to work out a plan and stick to it. It's just making the plan that's hard.

6 comments:

EmmaP said...

hahaha! so true!!! i have felt the same way for years! Finally, back in march, I started getting serious. I have lost 33 lbs, as of June. But then...SCREECHING HALT...i have also plateaued!!! Ugh! I still have about 40 more to go! But you are correct - there are a lot of diets and programs out there - its just finding the one that you like enough that you will continue doing...good luck!

Shannon said...

i totally get the running thing! i would love to run, AND lose weight but i'm so bad at it i just feel ridiculous doing it. maybe we could start an "i'm bad at running but i try anyway" club.

hey, is it alright if i stop by on Sat after jessica's pampered chef party? i know rachel and amber are coming so i wasn't sure if it was a young mother's thing or not...so if it's not ok just let me know. otherwise, i'd love to visit! :)

~Trish~ said...

Losing weight sucks!!! I agree about the biggest loser, if I had nothing else to do I could do tha too!! Hey thanks for stopping by my blog last week when I was featured :) I am trying to still get back to everyone!!

Anonymous said...

You cannot expect it to just melt away. Trust me! I've been there done that. I am 24, 5'3 and weighed 220 pounds by my 21st birthday. It took me two years to lose all of the weight, but I did it and took my time. Be positive!

~Tiffany Applebee~

Tiffany said...

Girl, eat every 3 hours. This is really helping me.

Food is what keeps your metabolism going, so eat!

Boot camp has been great for me, cause its a team atmosphere and a different workout 3 days/week.

Just do a little at a time!

angie said...

I'm So with you on the running. I can't do it. Hate it. I've come to the conclusion that I'm a couch pototoe. Not really, b/c I don't watch TV, but I just really hate organized exercising. I would never leave my family like that either. I had the HARDEST time losing weight after my twins. No matter what, I couldn't lose it for 2 WHOLE years. I honestly think my hormones just finally got back to normal and I started getting a good nights sleep. Maybe that's one thing to consider. Are you sleeping enough?

happy followers